Kitchens and bathrooms are the two most frequently updated rooms in American homes. Thankfully there’s one contractor you can trust for every aspect of both—Seider Heating, Plumbing & Electrical. By asking questions and considering your options, our remodeling experts can help make your new space exactly what you hoped for.
Before the Sledgehammer Swings
To find the best pros for your kitchen or bathroom renovation, ask these questions up front:
- Can I watch you work? Before-and-after pictures are great, but watching a contractor at work is even better. It’s an opportunity to see how safe, clean, and accurate their work is.
- Where do you store your materials? Determine what materials and equipment the contractor plans to keep at your home during the project. This helps you plan ahead for the space constraints of remodeling.
- What about discrepancies and work timelines? It’s possible for project ideas to get lost in translation and cause delays. Work with a team that provides a timeline, so you can adjust your schedule or make other arrangements as needed.
3 Common Remodeling Mistakes to Avoid
- Paying in advance. Never pay for the project’s total cost upfront. A reputable contractor will request a partial payment, knowing that full payment comes after the project’s completed.
- Distractions. There are many options in a kitchen or bath remodel that can add time and steer you off budget. Make a wish list beforehand and stick to it.
- Wanting to run the show. Updating a kitchen or bathroom can be complicated and time-consuming. From re-wiring to plumbing, it involves many aspects that should be performed and managed by qualified professionals.
Real Factors for Your Dream Upgrade
- Build with purpose. If you plan to move within a few years, consider a traditional kitchen or bathroom to make your home more marketable. If you’re in for the long haul, make these rooms your own!
- Know specifics. If you’ve requested bids from other contractors without enough details upfront, it’s hard to make an accurate comparison. Specify exactly what flooring, countertop material, lighting fixtures, and features you want in your finished room.
- Ask the right questions. For a clear picture of your remodeling vision, ask yourself questions first: What’s my cooking style? Is easy cleanup important? Do I love long baths? Will a double-sink bathroom vanity streamline our morning routine? Then ask your contractor the questions we covered earlier to ensure an ideal outcome.
Why Remodel With Seider?
Beyond comprehensive heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and electrical services, Seider partners with A&N Contracting, LLC for a flawless remodeling experience. From light remodels to complete renovations, homeowners and businesses trust us with every detail. As Southeastern Wisconsin’s oldest and largest Carrier® dealer, we look forward to earning your trust, too. Contact us for more information or to schedule an appointment.