Plumber – Experienced
Salary: $30 – $60 an hour based on experience
Compensation will vary on what candidates bring to the table for experience, knowledge and skill set. Compensation will be variable dependent upon background / skills / experience, up to potentially $60.00/hr. Competitive wage consideration available for those with journeyman license. Work truck provided with satisfactory driving record.
Job Type: Full-time
Full Job Description
We are Seider Heating, Plumbing & Electrical, Inc., a local, well established full-service heating, plumbing and electrical company based in Waukesha and servicing greater Milwaukee Area. We pride ourselves in being in the “Home comfort business” — providing preventive maintenance, repairs, installations, and service for residential and some light commercial systems. Our residential business continues to thrive under the Seider branded namesake dating back 4 generations, and commercial installation is distinctly branded as Envira-Tech. Our company is proud to be in business for over 100 years, to be the largest contractor in Southeast Wisconsin, and to be the top Carrier dealer in south eastern WI.
Seider is seeking talented and experienced Plumbers who will work either in or both of our Plumbing Service or Plumbing New Construction/Remodeling divisions. We rely heavily on the talent of our employees to “wow” our clients and help build the business. In turn, we want to be there for you – to build “you” and give you what you need from your employment. We look to have a great relationship with our employees for a win-win-win for all involved.
Depending on the candidate’s interest and fit – we may be able to utilize your talent in either our Service or our New Construction teams.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain plumbing equipment including, but not limited to, faucets, grease traps, flush valves, sinks, water heaters, commodes
- Drinking fountains, photo processing equipment, domestic water heater pumps, back flow prevention devices, flush meters and water meters.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections and repairs in all district facilities including, but not limited to, domestic water systems and sanitary waste drainage.
- Respond to emergency plumbing calls such as clogged drains, broken water lines and frozen pipes. Evaluate situation and take corrective action.
- Install new plumbing fixtures including, but not limited to, sinks, commodes, urinals, faucets, drinking fountains and domestic water heaters.
- Able to work with the public / customers effectively, cooperatively and maintain positive reputation of Seider.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Looking for Plumbers with experience commensurate ideally to Journeyman status. But also very open/interested in talking to candidates in 4th or 5th year of apprenticeship, possibly even a very strong 3rd year apprenticeship. Let’s connect and talk through potential fit!!
- Ideally – possess a valid Journeyman’s or Master Plumber’s license, but open to talking to those with good experience/knowledge and still in Apprenticeship program. Seider will support your continuing education / apprenticeship.
- Knowledge of plumbing codes and regulations.
- Able to read blue prints.
- Demonstrate a strong goal achievement and customer service attitude.
- Able to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people.
- Able to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
- Possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and good driving record.
- Able to carry out instructions correctly with minimal supervision.
- Follow standard procedures of operations.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills required.