HVAC Service Technician
Salary: $22 – $50+ an hour
Compensation will vary on what candidates bring to the table for experience, versatility, knowledge and skill set, but can vary from $22/hour to as high $50+/hour range – depending on what you can bring to the job/company! Work truck provided with satisfactory driving record. Health, dental, vision, life and supplementary benefits available, as well as 401k with company match, potential year end bonus, vacation, paid holiday’s etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Full Job Description
We are Seider Heating, Plumbing & Electrical, Inc., a local, long established full-service heating, plumbing and electrical company based in Waukesha and servicing greater Milwaukee Area. We pride ourselves in being in the “Home comfort business” — providing preventive maintenance, repairs, installations, and service for residential and some light commercial systems. Our residential business continues to thrive under the Seider branded namesake dating back 4 generations, and commercial installation is distinctly branded as Envira-Tech. Our company is proud to be in business for over 100 years, to be the largest contractor in Southeast Wisconsin, and to be the top dealer in the nation.
Seider is currently seeking experienced HVAC Service Technicians to join our team…considering candidates with 1 year of experience up to decades of experience / lead roles. Pay will be commensurate with appropriate for experience, skills, background brought to the job. We look for dedicated workers with talent, who care about providing the best end results for the customer and company. In return, you will be taken care of with competitive wages, 401k with company match, full benefits, paid holidays and PTO, support from and regular communication with management, as well as trust in and reliance on you to use your knowledge and talents.
The HVAC Technician will be skilled in cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems. You will guide and advise the customer to select the most appropriate air quality system to fulfill their requirements. You will be responsible for air quality systems upkeep, troubleshooting, and performing maintenance, warranty, and emergency repairs. To be successful in this role, customer satisfaction, safety and comfort should be your top priority. Ideal candidates will be patient and have excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Installing, maintaining and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
- Cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Providing technical direction and on-the-job training.
- Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with OSHA.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers’ requirements.
- Assisting with customers’ questions and professionally representing Seider to the public.
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year field experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field. But preferably seeking more experienced candidates – pay scale to match qualifications.
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating – strong preference to possess EPA and refrigeration certifications.
- Working knowledge of boiler systems.
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Per on-call rotation schedule, ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in confined spaces.